Thursday, November 11, 2010

Blog Entry 4.1 CAT 5

In the article Rewired, the author, Larry Ronsen, a book author, talks about technology and the influence it has on kids. He says that using technology such as the internet, in class or at home can it make it easy for kids to learn, if it’s used properly. In addition he also said that these tools can help parents and teachers be involved with their children’s school work. Furthermore, One of the most interesting idea that the author mention was that he said he was a strong advocate, supporter, of using technology as a teaching tool because it made kids learn more. Therefore, I believe that the internet can make a class more fun entertaining with educational material.
After reading the article, I believe that the internet does make a class more interesting because you can obtain more information and gain more knowledge while class being fun.According to the article,the author quotes “You can use their love of technology to make schoolwork more fun” I agree with this because I remember when I was in my senior year in high  school; I had a class in which my teacher used technology as a teaching tool. The class was called “Mediastorm”. In this class, I was assign to a laptop and I was responsible to do my final project.For my final project,i had to do a video narrative about the importance of  community gardens. What made the project interesting was that I got to do my own research and even arranged meetings to meet people who worked in important organizationns such as david bowen,a gardanist that worked with Michelle Obama.with the help of my teacher and the internet i was able to like the class,and eventually get a good grade.This shows that learning can be interesting if a teacher uses technology.

Technology can make a class more fun and educational only if  it makes children be engage in their schoolwork.According to Larry Ronsen ,"If schoolwork involves technology then students need to be direct  to do their work for periods of time , followed by other activities, annd then nback to their studies until their work is done"",which i agree because kids are fast leaners and with the help of a computer they are more ikely to do their work.Which makes me remmeber when i read a New York Times article about education; how students from other countries used computers as a teaching tool.In this article it  said that kids were taught their math class through a computer program that contained all their lessons.They also were able to interact with viirtual tutors that helped them with math exercises.And eventually helped students be better in class because of these tools.

Using technology can make a difference.With my personal experince,i agree with Larry Rosen, just for the simple fact that using laptops in my class and doing my own project of interest made it much enaging then my other classes.And with the article i read, it was obvious to see that those kids gain more education as well as information since they used technology in their classes.

3 comments:

  1. Claim was clear and straight to the point. A few minor errors such as spelling and quotations. I liked your ideas and your use of personal experience to back up your claim. Overall I liked the essay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion your essay did demonstrate a clear understanding of the idease in the reading, but your thesis wasn't clear to me. You developed your ideas very well if you ask me. I like the personal experiences that was stated in your essay. The structure of the response, in your essay you had some what of clarity but you made some unnecessary repitition of words. You had good sentence structure and word choice but you can still use more work on it. You need help in gammar, usage, and mechanics cause you mispelled a lot of words and you used to many comas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above. Summary is good. Your positon could be clearer at the outset. A bit rough on the gammar here and there with some odd word choices and word forms.

    ReplyDelete