Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blog Entry 1.1 Technology and Me

Technology has become a daily base utility in my life. Technology is one the things that I need to get throughout my day. If it wasn’t for technology everyone would be doing things the old fashion way, for example, instead of having an alarm you will have to listen to the rooster sing in order to wake up.
If it wasn’t for technology I would not have attended class because of not knowing my schedule. The reason why is because nowadays, most people would say they use technology such as their phone, in order to do things in their life. Some of the useful things that technology brings to us are that we can use our phone as a way to be organized. For example a calendar that notifies you with alarms for an upcoming event or birthday or helps like schedule, like in my case. Therefore I believe that technology has become something that everyone uses.
Technology has minimized my time management. We all know that technology makes things much easier to do. Technology doesn’t complicate any one’s life because it is one of the easiest things you can use. An example of making things easier would be ordering food. Who doesn’t know how to order food? Well a person who doesn’t have a source technology wouldn’t. But if you’re a person who doesn’t like waiting in lines of a takeout restaurant, you can simply use a computer or a phone to place your order. Most people may say that is laziness, but if you think about it, it saves everyone day and your time. With the use of technology you use your time more efficiently, by a click away you can be having dinner without stepping out of your house or having to make a line of course. Technology is just a way to make things much simpler.
Another example of technology making your life easier as a utility is interacting or socializing with someone who is not next to you or in front of you. In my opinion, this has become on e of the most popular ways of socializing with another person. With the help of technology, the internet has helped us stay in touch with friends or family by using Facebook, Aim, MySpace, Oovoo. With these interacting tools that technology provides us with, we can use a keyboard and camera build in a computer to send pictures and write letters, instead of making a trip and visiting a friend or family member.
As a user of my phone, I can say that I do depend on technology a lot. I believe is not a bad thing because if you are an organized person that depends on technology and your a person who cant get used to it then it can affect your daily life and the way you get throughout the day. For instance, not having technology can complicate your life, if you don’t have your phone in which you have everything saved on and have all your to do stuff. Therefore I believe that technology is one of the things that are a big part of my life.

1 comment: